Monday, November 2, 2009

The Start of "Something Silly"

Everyone keeps telling me to write my "silly" moments down so I figured I would just blog them. Where to begin.... I seem to always be "running faster" than I should.... in other words doing more than I can realistically chew. As a result I tend to have really absentminded moments that lead to my crazy life.....

So my first moment... a classic... Ashtyn got a "beauty salon" last year for Christmas. "To be like Aunt Brittney" of course...complete with curlers....baby blue curlers. The day after Christmas I let Ashtyn do my hair, whatever she wanted. She did a great job brushing, cliping, and placing baby blue curlers right on top of my head.
A few hours later... we need a part for our new Wii, I volunteered to run to Game Stop or Wal-Mart to grab the part knowing both places would be packed. I raced into Game Stop and looked around, the part was not in stock and the line was outrageous with people giving me funny looks. I finally dart across the street to Wal-Mart and head directly to the electronic department and waited in line to purchase my accessory.
I heard two ladies ahead of me talking about needing a new hair stylist, someone who really new how to relax curly hair. I thought I would be helpful and tell these ladies of my ever so talented sister... as I finished giving them the "low down" and they looked at me with shock and strange faces ignoring me... I realized I still had baby blue curlers in my hair. I laughed the whole way home to think of how many people I passed and that I was giving hair tips!

2 comments:

Paige said...

I absolutely love it...thanks for the laugh! I can't believe You have 2 baptised!! we are getting old I guess I just don't realize it!

kat reynolds said...

Ahhh......You're such a good mom. And a beautiful one too. Wow! two kids baptized. Crazy.